Naval War: Arctic Circle
Naval War: Arctic Circle:
An RTS title featuring Strategic and Tactical battles for world domination on, under and above the open seas. Take on the enemy as commander of the awesome contemporary navy of either NATO, the Nordic Alliance, Russia or the United States. Here players fight enemy naval and aerial forces for power and Arctic wealth. The title takes you along the Norwegian and British coast, through Iceland and Greenland all the way to the North America and the North West Passage.
Naval War: Arctic Circle has an extensive campaign along with skirmish, LAN and On-Line modes. In this game the playable factions’ list includes the United States, the Russian Federation, the Nordic countries and NATO. Ultimately, it tells a story about a struggle for control of the world’s resources and supply lines in the Polar Regions.
Key Game Features:
- On-Line play through LAN as well as over the Internet;
- Two campaign modes, telling a narrative from Russian and NATO sides;
- Enormous area of game space, with over 35 million square km of open sea and coast line;
- Real world units, with all the major powers. Both contemporary and experimental surface, subsurface and aerial units;
- Realistic weather model, with real world implications for tactical and strategical deployment of resources at hand;
- Extreme long range guided and self-guided weaponry: if you can detect the enemy, it will be possible to strike in Naval War: Arctic Circle;
- Vertical gameplay from orbit aerial units to the bottom of the ocean floor through a seamless zoomable map of the entire North Atlantic Ocean;
- Detection and evasion focus with realistic sensory measures and countermeasures yielding a strategic game experience based on stealth rater than head on tactical battle;
- Great detail in unit management with fewer but more powerful units making selection and management more distinguishable and less cluttered with an unparalelled level of individual detail available in Naval War: Arctic Circle.