- No, I think, she has darkness inside her, and it would not take a guy like Ethan, it would take her family to support her, like we see Lena has light and dark inside of her. In the end, we see her eyes being of different color because of that, but her family has supported and protected her, and you see that she has the support to be stronger in Beautiful Creatures.
While Ridley was the first child to kind of go to the Dark, and everyone was saying «Oh, ok, she is going to be Dark», and then she has developed anger and also jealousy of Lena about that. She simultaneously loves lena and wants to spend time with her, but also she is kind of jealous of her and feels sorry about this situation.
- Why your character is afraid of confronting enemies being a powerful witch in Beautiful Creatures?
- She is like a baby in Beautiful Creatures, because, I think, she feels that her powers are outnumbered, like others are even more powerful. Take Lena, who tops her with own abilities. That is why, she is angry with her, there are three of us, and I’m clearly the weakest one. My character is gonna split, before she is taxed, and that’s kind of indicative for her, she is very self-involved, she can fake herself and drop with lines like «Oh, Lena, that was all her idea!».
- Does your film wardrobe matches personal dressing tastes in real life?
- No! It is very over the top. I like some of the costumes I wore, like the scarves, and I enjoyed all of the shoes, but it is very different from the way I dress, because she is kind of provocative, and I think that I’m a little bit lookee.
- What version of Ridley in Beautiful Creatures do you like most?
- I like the blonde Marilyn Monroe (1926-1962) type, because I have never been blond before Beautiful Creatures, so that is the most different than I ever looked.
- What impressions have you got about working with other actors on the set?
- I had a lot of fun. Most of all, I got to work with Emma Thompson, who played Sarafine. We had invented the way we would speak with the same dialogue coach, so we created the same pattern of talking and dialect, the way she talks physically using her hands and doing things like that. We kind of wanted our dark powers manifest themselves in a similar way.
- What else did you learn from the coach for Beautiful Creatures?
- To look for more humor in various film situations, because this movie has deeper comedy than like The Twilight (2008-2012), for example, we had more fun with that in Beautiful Creatures.
- Some actors say that when Jeremy Irons appears on the set, people always concentrate on him.
- Yes, because he usually does not say the lines that are written, he says kind of something like that, but then just adds whatever he wants, so you are not really sure, when you are supposed to say your next line due to his play. Though that is fun, since he still says within the boundaries of the theme, but he will just say a different line, joke or something else and you have to react to that. Some people stick to the script, while some don’t, that’s probably what those you referenced meant.
Read on further to find out the dream character of Emmy Rossum.