A First-Person Shooter (FPS) that is designed to attack your senses, delivering a visceral combat experience like no other FPS before it. Sequel to Battlefield 2 (2005) utilizes the updated Frostbite 2 game engine, which allows for advanced destruction, sound, and graphics as well as a focus on dense in-game urban settings. Additional game features include: classic Battlefield mission-based gameplay, an impressive array of vehicles including jets and tanks, large-scale maps, an updated soldier class, 2-24 player support online.
In Battlefield 3 players take command of a team of elite US Marines as they experience heart-pounding misson-based gameplay ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York. Along with ground combat, vehicular combat plays a major role with vehicles available including tanks as well as air support, featuring infrared and satellite imaging.
Frostbite 2 is the game’s foundation delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground – the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before.
Key Game Features:
- Multiplayer Mayhem. Experience gripping multiplayer action with 2-24 player battles supported online;
- Fight to Scale. Simply put, in this game you will be able to engage across some of the largest maps ever created, while close quarter combat is available too;
- Best-in-Class Audio. Building on acclaimed High Dynamic Range (HDR) audio from previous Battlefield games, this FPS builds on the best-in-class legacy with a brutally realistic soundscape.
- Massive Destruction. Destruction is enhanced on both a macro and micro level. Chips fly off blocks of concrete used for cover, while whole facades and buildings collapse in screeching clouds of dust and debris;
- Amazing Animation. The DICE team set out to takes animation to the next level with ANT technology (previously used in FIFA games) that now allows the creation of more believable behavior than ever before in an FPS;
- Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare. The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline along with an impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles, all at your command;
- Urban Combat. Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow;
- The Frostbite 2 Game Engine. The game introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, it immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before;
- Feel the Battle. Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3 features cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.
- GameScope: «Best Multiplayer at IgroMir 2011».