Defenders of Ardania
Defenders of Ardania:
A next-generation Tower Defense game set in the rich fantasy world of Majesty (2000-2009), but with a twist. Besides the addictive core mechanics of placing towers to stop advancing enemy units, Defenders of Ardania also allows players to take on the role of the attackers seeking to conquer the enemy base. Innovative new game concepts include light RTS elements, taking the popular genre to the next level.
Players must oversee unit production and upgrades while assembling the most effective army from one of three playable races, each with unique locations, towers, and units. However, without magic, a fantasy game is little more than a toothless lion (or dragon, rather), so a wide range of spells will be available for players to decimate their enemies and protect their forces.
Although Defenders of Ardania includes a single-player portion, the focus of the game is undoubtedly multiplayer, where two to four players can take each other on or compete against AI opponents via Internet, LAN, or PSN. The multiplayer component offers three different game modes where players can assume either the defensive or offensive sides – or both!
Key Game Features:
- Interactive environment that affects gameplay;
- A wide range of offensive and defensive Spells;
- Defense. 24 different upgradeable towers to erect against the invading enemy;
- Attack. 24 varied units with diverse attributes to assemble into an offensive force;
- Strong Multiplayer. Component with a variety of game modes for up to four players;
- Ardania. The world of Majesty with three playable Races and their unique environments;
- An intriguing new take on the massively popular Tower Defense genre: in Defenders of Ardania players lead both offensive and defensive operations.