The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North:
A Co-op Action RPG, from the developers of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance (2001), that immerses you and your friends in a brutal new chapter in the War of the Ring (3018-3019 TA). Set in Middle-earth during the time of the War of the Ring, but separate from its events, War in the North is inspired by both the Lord of the Rings books and movies allowing players to draw their swords, notch their axes, bend their bows and raise their staffs against quite a wide range of deadly enemies and traverse both established and never-before-seen locations. The result is a journey that is both epic and intimate, familiar yet unexpected.
You are one of these heroes. Inspired by events from the famous book trilogy and their retelling in Peter Jackson’s films, the game features brutally realistic combat, a unique and compelling new story, and innovative cooperative gameplay that pits you and your friends against the dark forces of Middle-earth. In this game you will form your own fellowship and fight against Sauron’s forces at the North.
In The Lord of the Rings: War in the North game available activities includes: Aragorn’s scouting party of the North, while Frodo recovers in Rivendell from the wound he suffered at Weathertop; missions with the Elven sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir; the responsibilities of the wizard, Radagast the Brown; encounters with the great eagles of the Misty Mountains and more.
Key Game Features:
- The ability to craft items and potions;
- Multiple character classes including Mage, Scout and Warrior;
- An exciting main story campaign coupled with dozens of side quests;
- Classic Action-RPG action that centers on co-op gameplay and character development;
- Cross paths with your favorite Lord of the Ring heroes, as well as more obscure characters;
- Three playable races: Dúnedain (man), Elf, Dwarf, each with its own storyline and unique quests;
- A brutal new The Lord of the Ring adventure set during, but separate from the main events of the War of the Ring;
- A special Challenge Mode consisting of missions and maps built especially for co-op gameplay and not tied to the main campaign;
- Magic abilities including fire, lightning and ice attacks as well as passive morale bonuses, protective shields and wards) spells.
- GameScope: «Best RPG at IgroMir 2011».