- Thank you, Doug!
- You are welcome!
Greetings from Doug McConkey (Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: The Run
Need for Speed: The Run:
A new episode in the famous Need for Speed (1994-2011) game series. On one side of this country lie the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and cable cars – on the opposite coast there are massive skyscrapers, the Statue of Liberty and the endless glow of Times Square. What separates these two great cities in Need for Speed: The Run game is nearly 3,000 miles of roadway through dense urban centers, over epic mountains, across arid deserts and in constricted canyons.
With no speed limits, rules or allies available, only Jack’s determination and driving skills will keep him going in this heart-stopping race to get his life back. Thrills and excitement hide around every corner of this breakneck race across the country, but so do the police – and the men who want him dead. Evading these ruthless forces in one town won’t be enough. You must have the Need for Speed.
Key Game Features:
- Battle hundreds of the world’s most notorious drivers on the country’s most treacherous roads;
- Level up and earn access to exclusive vehicles, upgrades and abilities by mastering the playlists;
- Evade a relentless police force that is ready and willing to use any means necessary to take you down;
- Connect to Autolog and compare your best times against your friends in a race to New York where every second counts;
- Be the first to cross the finish line as you speed across the country from San Francisco to New York in an illicit, high-stakes race;
- Snake through dense urban settings, plunge down icy mountain passes and carefully traverse narrow canyons at breakneck speeds;
- Race as Jack, a marked man who must make it to New York City ahead of the competition, the police and the men who want him dead;
- Powered by the new Frostbite 2 engine, created by the award-winning DICE studio, delivers an amazing level of visual detail, immersive environments and emotional impact;
- Grip the wheel, put the pedal to the floor and use your slick driving skills and sheer determination to keep Jack alive inside and outside of the car in Need for Speed: The Run;
- Engage in high-octane multiplayer racing and join races already in progress with matchmaking technology, create a party with friends and pick a playlist of your favorite challenges and vie for racing supremacy across every stage of The Run.