- Frostbite 2.0 is an FPS-engine, while you are making a Racing game. What was the most difficult during such a technological conversion for Need for Speed: The Run?
- Here goes an interesting point! If you look at Battlefield 3, you will notice a lot of variety and diversity within that game itself. It is not only about foot soldiers. The developers had to do a lot to create the action resembling the entire warfare experience with vehicles, units and everything you could see in a war zone. Actually, while thinking about this we could relate this to our Racing game, which also has vehicles.
Battlefield 3 has already modeled its vehicles in a spectacular way. There is a lot of versatility, and we could use that to create our cars, action and environments in Need for Speed: The Run out of that. It allowed us to deliver things we have never been able to do before. It can always be a challenge to work with any advanced technology, but we really found Frostbite 2 to be really perfect for our project.
- Brian Tyler is a famous music composer for the movie industry. He was invited to create a soundtrack for your new Racing game. How did you work with him?
- It is an interesting question. You know, the music is one of the key parts of our dramatic and action-packed game. Since it is such a huge component of our title, we felt that a proper soundtrack had to be written for it. Our music really helps to move the game along in the right pace. Absolutely, Brian is a great person to work with. It was a perfect fit, and he has met all our expectations, when creating the music for us.
- There have been several notable marketing events for the community like the Scavenger Hunt, where the fans had to search for and take photos of announced cars from the Need for Speed: The Run game. What is their importance for the whole Need for Speed brand?
- At the end of the day, our players are the most important. We really want to engage and entertain them in various ways in Need for Speed: The Run. Scavenger Hunt was something they asked for and enjoyed doing. It was really fun, and we have got some new ideas for developing our Need for Speed community in future.
- European Spokesmodel Search went on the lookout for two women to act as Need for Speed ambassadors in 2012. Are you happy with the results of this contest for Need for Speed: The Run?
- We have been looking for the local representatives: the girls possessing the looks and the personalities to represent our famous brand globally. Europe has always been a very important territory for us. The new models with help us to improve our standing there. That is all this was about. I haven’t met the Russian participants in person, but I have already seen some their photographs.
- What are the release dates for Need for Speed: The Run?
- I believe, it is coming out in Russia on the 17th of November, 2011. Need for Speed: The Run will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii.
- Name three things you associate with Russia.
- Good question. I would say vodka to be the first thing that comes to me. Then I am going to choose Football, because there were so many Russian clubs, which made an important contribution to the development of football tactics throughout the years. The third one would probably be Mikhail Gorbachev.
Watch on further for the Greetings from the Developers of Need for Speed: The Run.
Need for Speed: The Run
Need for Speed: The Run:
A new episode in the famous Need for Speed (1994-2011) game series. On one side of this country lie the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and cable cars – on the opposite coast there are massive skyscrapers, the Statue of Liberty and the endless glow of Times Square. What separates these two great cities in Need for Speed: The Run game is nearly 3,000 miles of roadway through dense urban centers, over epic mountains, across arid deserts and in constricted canyons.
With no speed limits, rules or allies available, only Jack’s determination and driving skills will keep him going in this heart-stopping race to get his life back. Thrills and excitement hide around every corner of this breakneck race across the country, but so do the police – and the men who want him dead. Evading these ruthless forces in one town won’t be enough. You must have the Need for Speed.
Key Game Features:
- Battle hundreds of the world’s most notorious drivers on the country’s most treacherous roads;
- Level up and earn access to exclusive vehicles, upgrades and abilities by mastering the playlists;
- Evade a relentless police force that is ready and willing to use any means necessary to take you down;
- Connect to Autolog and compare your best times against your friends in a race to New York where every second counts;
- Be the first to cross the finish line as you speed across the country from San Francisco to New York in an illicit, high-stakes race;
- Snake through dense urban settings, plunge down icy mountain passes and carefully traverse narrow canyons at breakneck speeds;
- Race as Jack, a marked man who must make it to New York City ahead of the competition, the police and the men who want him dead;
- Powered by the new Frostbite 2 engine, created by the award-winning DICE studio, delivers an amazing level of visual detail, immersive environments and emotional impact;
- Grip the wheel, put the pedal to the floor and use your slick driving skills and sheer determination to keep Jack alive inside and outside of the car in Need for Speed: The Run;
- Engage in high-octane multiplayer racing and join races already in progress with matchmaking technology, create a party with friends and pick a playlist of your favorite challenges and vie for racing supremacy across every stage of The Run.